Which rules need to be added? Which need to be removed?

« Older   Newer »

1. umad

User deleted

Discuss.

2. j0sef

User deleted

Yes, how do you guys like the idle rule with the BRB or `hide? (I tend to forget :x)

3. umad

User deleted

I'm fine with the idle rule.

I think we should get rid of the censored/unallowed profanity rules though tbh. The majority of our userbase are in their 20's... with others at least 16+ years old. They're already exposed to words like twat and cunt, etc. Censoring them in room names and usernames seems silly when you think about it. I understand wanting to keep the palace "friendly and appropriate for 13+".

Racial slurs, on the other hand should be kept restricted from names though.

Y/N?

4. ketaset

User deleted

I forget that rule from time to time. I don't mind it too much.

QUOTE (umad @ 22/1/2013, 20:02) 
    I'm fine with the idle rule.

I think we should get rid of the censored/unallowed profanity rules though tbh. The majority of our userbase are in their 20's... with others at least 16+ years old. They're already exposed to words like twat and cunt, etc. Censoring them in room names and usernames seems silly when you think about it. I understand wanting to keep the palace "friendly and appropriate for 13+".

Racial slurs, on the other hand should be kept restricted from names though.

Y/N?

I think that profanity should not really be allowed in room names. Although, words like whore, slut, etc. should be allowed. Those aren't really curse words in my opinion. Twat would be okay in my book, but cunt would offend some people for sure.

I have heard a lot of those words in plenty of PG-13 movies.

And Lana, I know that they are exposed to those words, but we should look at this from a liability standpoint.

5. j0sef

User deleted

Keyword is: chill. But not to take rules out. Compromising is fine. I like how everything is right now. I don't know.

6. decad3n7

User deleted

How exactly is the idle process handled?

The main reason any rules based around profanity were maintained was to appeal to a wider audience. The other thing we found was their absence helped to avoid confrontation and a keep positive/pleasant general tone.

So really, we should be looking deeper. What is/are our target audience(s)?

Edited by decad3n7 - 23/1/2013, 07:56

7. umad

User deleted

Originally palace was for 13+ pretty much. But that audience is practically non-existent now. It's mainly 17+ these days, with the majority in their early/mid 20's.

If we continue to attempt to appeal to the younger crowd, we won't appeal to the current crowd being draw to palace.

8. decad3n7

User deleted

With that in mind, profanity isn't really an issue, more how it's used.
    If it is allowed in forms such as names and avatars, that can have a negative impact on AVP's image, another thing to keep in mind.

9. j0sef

User deleted

We still want to appeal to younger ages. The reason why we have such old users now is because the younger users grew up. I've been on Palace32 when I was 10 years old, faked my age pretended to be 16. As I was growing up my faked age went up as well, so no one REALLY was their "real age" but the immaturity fell through the cracks.

That being said, I'm 19 now and we all grow up eventually. No one stays young forever. We need to appeal to those younger generations because they can make great things when we turn old (plus it's the young ones who will bring Palace back not the old ones)

10. sl00tbucket

User deleted

Faggot is now allowed in avatars in 18+ rooms you were saying Josef.
    So is Esper's av that he wears that says "Blood type: Gaylord. Faggot" allowed?
    Just wondering because it is in an offensive way I feel...

11. j0sef

User deleted

Faggot was always allowed in 18+ rooms, it counts as a swear word though. It's offensive but if no one finds it offensive and if no one pages then it's fine (and as population grows we may need to change rules or add exceptions to these rules because anyone can find ANYTHING offensive but faggot can be used to harass homosexuals so yes it would be removed if someone were to complain and were legit offended).

12. j0sef

User deleted

Hey guys off-topic but not rly. (this weird forum wont let me submit urls, it's avatarpalace[dot]net/forum
    Our official forum is up.
    Credits to Lana for creating this for temporary use :)
    Credits to Tyler for creating the official forum. :)
    It's not up for public use so please do not tell anyone because we need to set up the foundation of the forum first.

11 replies since 22/1/2013, 03:47   174 views